Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of music does KIDZ BOP record?
KIDZ BOP records kid-friendly versions of today’s biggest pop music hits.
How many albums does KIDZ BOP release each year?
KIDZ BOP releases three major numbered albums each year. Our newest release, KIDZ BOP 2021, is available now!
Who sings on the KIDZ BOP albums?
The KIDZ BOP Kids (Ashton, Mia, Max and Twinkle) sing on the KIDZ BOP albums!
Who are the KIDZ BOP Kids and how does KIDZ BOP cast the group?
KIDZ BOP recently held a nationwide casting call to find a new group of talented young performers to sing on the KIDZ BOP albums, star in TV commercials & music videos and travel North America as part of the KIDZ BOP Kids live tour. Thousands of kids from across the country auditioned and KIDZ BOP had the tough job of narrowing it down to cast these six singing & dancing phenoms. To learn more about the KIDZ BOP Kids, check out their bio pages.
How do I find out if they are coming to my city?
The KIDZ BOP Kids perform more than 50 live shows each year. Check out our Live Tour & Events page for a list of upcoming shows to see if the KIDZ BOP Kids are coming to your hometown.
What is the KIDZ BOP Workshop?
- This 4.5 hour workshop is for 6-12 year old kids of all skill levels, who love to dance, sing, and perform.
- Taught by official KIDZ BOP choreographers and vocal coaches, kids will learn dance moves from the KIDZ BOP live show and their latest music videos, and learn vocal techniques using popular KIDZ BOP songs.
- KIDZ BOP Workshop will also focus on performance and auditioning skills, where kids will practice dancing in front of a camera.
- At the end of the day, the young performers will have the opportunity to film a video showing off their best choreography alongside the KIDZ BOP Kids!
Who should attend this workshop?
- Boys and girls age 6-12 who love to dance, sing and perform.
- All skill levels of both dance and vocal training are welcome. Some dance training is a plus, but no prior vocal training is needed. All vocals will be completed as a group.
- Kids who are interested in working commercially and want to gain performance, on-camera and auditioning skills.
What level of experience is required?
All levels of experience are welcome. While some dance training is a plus, this workshop focuses on performance techniques for all levels of young dancers, singers and performers.
Is there an age restriction?
6 years old is the youngest age that can attend the workshop. We have designed the workshop for 6-12 year olds due to the length of the workshop (4.5 hours) and the fact that the workshop is not currently split into age groups.
How long is the KIDZ BOP Workshop?
The workshop is 4.5 hours. Below is a typical KIDZ BOP Workshop schedule:
|Warm-up / Choreography||1 hour|
|Free-Style / Performance||45 minutes|
|Vocal Performance||1 hour|
|Audition Techniques / Mock Audition||1 hour|
|Filming & Dance Video With The KIDZ BOP Kids||45 minutes|
Will there be breaks?
Yes! We will have short breaks between sessions and a 45 minute lunch break.
Will there be access to food and snacks? Will lunch be provided?
- No, lunch will not be provided.
- We advise you to pack a water bottle, snacks and lunch to make sure that your child has what they need.
- The food options near each Workshop will be venue-specific. We will provide you with that information in the week prior to the event.
What skills will my child gain?
- This workshop provides insight into performers in the music/dance industry.
- We focus on performance and on-camera techniques related to both dance and vocals.
- We have a mock audition for kids to learn some basic skills that will help them in any future audition.
What should my child wear to KIDZ BOP Workshop?
There will be a lot of dancing and movement in this workshop, so we want to make sure that the kids are comfortable and can move and dance.
- Outfits such as leggings and t-shirts, shorts & tank tops are great. Dance wear is fine, but we please ask you to avoid crop tops or midriff baring outfits.
- For footwear, tennis shoes / running shoes are suggested.
- We love bright colors, but the most important thing is that kids feel comfortable in what they are wearing.
- Because we will be filming videos in the workshop, we ask to please avoid large logos on clothing when possible.
Can we take pictures and videos?
- Yes, you are welcome to take pictures and videos throughout the event.
- A selection of images and video taken by the KIDZ BOP Workshop team will be made available to all participants after the event.
- Please use #KIDZBOPWorkshop when posting on social media.
Can parents watch? Do they need to pay to observe?
- Parents are always welcome to stay close by.
- At this time, we will be inviting parents to watch some aspects of the workshop, as space allows.
Who are the teachers?
- The teachers are LA-based choreographers and vocal coaches who are currently working with The KIDZ BOP Kids on their KIDZ BOP World Tour and music videos.
Have more questions? Please reach out to the KIDZ BOP team at [email protected]
KIDZ BOP believes there’s a little POP STAR in every kid!
KIDZ BOP records kid-friendly versions of today’s biggest pop music hits sung by kids, for kids. Over the past 18 years, KIDZ BOP has created the #1 music brand for kids, selling more than 20,000,000 albums. Since 2001, families have welcomed KIDZ BOP into their homes and cars, making KIDZ BOP a fun and safe part of their daily lives. KIDZ BOP is proud to be a part of kids’ music “firsts.” For millions of kids each year, KIDZ BOP is their first introduction to pop music, and for tens of thousands of kids, the KIDZ BOP Kids Live Tour is their first concert experience.